Tuesday 17 January 2012

I hope Dolph Lungdren doesn't read this.


I’ve started taking an ass-load of supplements and stuff as part of my “un-eating all the pies and not being such a lazy bastard who fulfils none of his potential “ stratagem . I’ve got all the usual gubbins: Multivitamins Cod liver oil etc. But in a misjudged moment in the local Holland & Barrett, while I was searching in vain for red skin peanuts ( CURSE YOU HOLLAND AND BARRETT), I happened upon some Ginkgo Bilbao which boldly claimed to “ support mental focus and memory.” 

Now I have no problem with long term memory in fact I can sing you the theme tune to a TV show that hasn’t been on TV in 25 years no problem.

Fogg, I'm the one who made the bet, now I'm sure I'll be exactly right on timmmeeee.

Short term? Err , Not so much. I am , how you say, a wee bit catty. As for mental focus it pretty safe to say that I have a very short attention spa OOOHHHH SHINY. So anyway I decided to try some of this snake oil for the hell of it.

Or a big, fat placebo!  It's all the same crap!

NOW.I'm usually sceptical about stuff like this . It’s only been four days but....I think it might be working. Not completely as in I remember EVERYTHING ( although I keep remembering what a ballbag I am at inappropriate times ), but two or three times so far I've taken strange notions to go somewhere ( for example , the fridge) , with no idea why and then when I get there I remember something I was supposed to . Might just be a coincidence or......

I AM THE NEW JOHNNY MNEMONIC.

Johnny mnemonic is a 1995 film in which Keanu Reeves plays a man who carries data around in his head. Even if you've seen it you've probably forgotten it . Sadly , i can never forget.  It is an horrible film . Shame on all involved . Sorry Henry


Ill keep you posted.

No comments: